Saturday, February 05, 2011

Who do you think you are?

I am very excited.  I have bought a ticket to the "Who do you think you are National History show." Link below.

http://www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.co.uk/

Basically it is a big Geneology trade show.  I have been researching my family tree for about 2 years now.  I have had some success, but lately I spend a lot of hours not finding pretty much anything.  I am going to have to start digging deeper. Anyways this show should be brilliant.  There is an ask the expert section and lots of learning seminars, 3 of which I am already booked into (Organising your Family tree, Best Geneolgy websites, and Ireland: Finding your realatives born there).  I know that it is a bit of an odd hobby, more usually practised by retirees!   My boss at work teasingly calls me a geek.  I don't mind, I really do enjoy it.

This photo below is my great great great great grandpa, Francis Porter who was born in Ireland around 1820.  He was a reverend in a town called Bready.

No comments: