Friday, July 31, 2009

Hello from work lunch hour

It has come to my attention (when my very own sister commented on a snowman picture I just put up on my facebook page, that has been on here since like February, like she had never seen it before!!) that very few people read this page. And you know what - I kind of like that. The people that are "here" want to be here and I know you care about me (hopefully!! LOL). I can always steer Kel here later on when I have actually written a few more entries to make things a bit more interesting! Facebook has been making me parranoid lately. I see people talk to other people and what people are up to and sometimes I feel really far away! (Like I am, but still!) I inadvertantly insulted a vegatarian on Facebook by commenting on the whole Seal EU ban on his wall and I ended up earasing them from my friends. And I felt like earasing my whole facebook actually. I didn't mean to be mean it just came out. Sometime things just come out to easily online. Maybe I shouldn't even REwrite it online! But pah! I will keep holding on to the - those who are reading care.

I am not coming home in August (like I maybe promised I would). I am sorry for these semi broken promises. I hope you know that I never like to dissapoint anyone. I will be in Regina 12 September until 27 Septemeber, but then I come back to London. And then I am home again at Christmas: 12 December to 10 January. And back to London again. I am happy with my decision, and I am looking forward to another year in the city and planning for all that may come along. But it is still hard (as I am sure jen can attest to) to be away from your family and friends at home and just gone really. My mind plays tricks on me; makes me think I loosing all my friends, that I was never a good friend, that I am being a bad friend now for not being better in touch. I hope that is not the case. But things have changed a lot in the last 2 years. I guess I am have changed too. I hope for the better. But jeez I just can't tell when I am in these heightend times of parranoia!

Thanks for reading though, because I am glad you are here.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Hey kimmers!!

I check at least once a week to see if you write. I'm just as bad a blogger too. I think oh who cares what i have to say but then I remember there are friends not at home that do care what is going on at home.

I love you kim and whatever decisions you have made for yourself I am happy for you. It is hard to decide between the PLACE you feel at home and the PEOPLE you feel at home with. Its even harder when those two dont match up. If you are happy we will be happy for you.

Dont feel paranoid, everyone remembers you, we still talk about you wondering what you are doing. casual people come and go from your life but good friends are there forever no matter how far away across the world you live.

I am of course sad that you will not be home in august but overjoyed that you will still be home twice this year.

People do change, circumstances to happen, we just gotta learn to roll with the punches and remember to be happy.

Luv ya kimmers.

Why am I here??? said...

OH KIM I FEEL THE SAME..........Sometimes I think I'm crazy and then other times I think I just don't have any friends left back home (even though I know that's not true). I do know that I've changed a lot in the past 4 years and life in Canada certainly won't be the same when I go back......when I go back!

Anyways enough ramble. I'm glad to see you writing more on here. I feel like I stalk you......I keep checking for updates....hehe.

But the purpose of this post is to say that I think you're a great friend (even though we don't talk often). I still remember our long walks and life chats and I know eventually we will get to do that again ;)

(and a side note to Tanya......YOU'RE AWESOME FOR ALWAYS STAYING CONNECTED TO US)

Love you both ;)

Jennifer